Monday, October 10, 2011

A Bieber Fever Epidemic!

Dear family

So Brasil is infected with a bad case of Bieber Fever!  haha.  Justin Bieber is here in Brasil … in São Paulo as a matter of fact … and yes, in my mission!  The hotel he’s staying at is in the center, right by that Brazilian Barbecue / Pizzeria that I sent a picture of.  The soccer stadium where he performed is right by the Mission Office and the Temple too.  People are going crazy about him.  We'd go into a member’s or investigator’s house, and the news would be on and it was all about him.  All about the crowds … it’s crazy!  There were tons of people that were camping out in front of the stadium for like over a week.  lol  So, ya … it’s a Bieber Fever epidemic going on here!


That’s awesome Jarin got his visa!  I’ll try and swing by and visit him on my P-Day next week.  Hopefully he'll have the same day.  In the CTM Americans have it either on Tuesday or Wednesday.  Next week, P-Day is on Wednesday because we‘re going to the temple on Monday.  (Heads up on that too.  You’ll have to wait until Wednesday to hear from me.)  Afterwards, maybe I could swing by the CTM and hang out with him a bit.  Maybe we can go grab a bite to eat or something.  Also, that’s so tight that Parker is coming here!!!  How did you find out?  That’s sweet.  Imagine if I get to train him too.  Probably unlikely, but it would be sweet.  Where is Brady going on his mission?  Nobody's told me yet. Oh, and about the mail strike, someone said things are starting to get better, so hopefully I’ll get some letters and stuff soon!!  Have you guys gotten anything in the last little while?

To answer your question about birthday and Christmas needs / wants … you guys know me well.  So just pick stuff that I’d like.  One thing that would be good to get would be some books from the Mission Library.  That will give me something else to read.  I don’t remember all of them, but they’re in my call packet (if you guys still have it).  I can’t buy them here.  Well, I can but only in Portuguêse and I’d prefer to have them in English.  Also, feel free to send some cookies or candies.  I don’t know why, but now I like sweets.  I think it’s because we hardly ever have any sweets here so some cookies or chocolates would be good.  Like those Lindor Truffles!!  Mmmmmm!  Besides that … I don’t really know.  There’s not too much that I can think of.

Speaking of cookies … can you guys email me a recipe for cookies, brownies, homemade pancakes, and syrup?  A member was asking me if I know how to make this stuff and I said, “I just needed a recipe” so they want those recipes.  They want to do a Family Home Evening and make one of the three.  Which one will depend on if they can buy all the ingredients.  If you could email me them … that would be great!  If you could get it to me by next Wednesday, that would be even better.  As far as cookies go, either Chocolate Chip or Snickerdoodle.  They don’t have Peanut Butter here so Peanut Butter Cookies are a no go.

Alright.  Well I gotta get going now!  I love you guys so much and thanks for everything.  All your love and prayers.    Don’t worry about me.  I’m doing good here and working hard.  I love you all!!!

Love,
Tavin

No comments:

Post a Comment