Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Little Training and Some Construction

David F. Evans - Of the First Quorum of the Seventy
Dear Family,

Hey guys.  How’s it going?  Mom … you mentioned in the email today, again, that you guys aren’t getting any mail.  I don’t know what’s going on with the mail.  I’ve received letters from people saying they haven’t heard back from me so I think some of my letters are getting lost in route.  There have been some weeks where we get in late and I don’t have time to write, but those weeks I don’t have time to write anyone.  Just know that whenever I do write letters ... I write one to home.

On Monday we had a training given by Elder Evans (a member of the 70) and it was so good!!!  It wasn’t really a training like normal.  Normally we just learn stuff about teaching and do some practices, but since he was there, he just spoke.  He first opened up by letting us ask questions and then started talking after … first about tithing, and then about revelation and lots of other stuff.  It was amazing because I have been working hard and studying in reference to revelation and how best to receive answers to questions.  He totally answered every question I had in aspect to that topic.  He also answered questions about other stuff I have been thinking about.  It was so cool!!!  A great little experience.  Also, his testimony that he bore was incredible!!!  It was so powerful.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard a testimony that strong before in my life.  His testimony just cut right through me … to my soul.

Today I put up some hooks for my hammock!  This house didn’t have any and they are actually pretty cheap too.  Since the houses are all made of brick, I had to use a spike thing to bust a hole in the wall.  Just a small and deep one.  Then I jammed the hook in there and cemented it up.  Now I’m just waiting for the cement to dry and then I get to test it out!  Hopefully it works.  Back home is cement super cheap?  I bought one kilo of it for 62 centavos (cents in Brazil).  Some dude just gave us some sand for free.  All we had to buy was the cement mix.

Well … I don’t have too much to say because it’s still a new area.  Nothing big has really happened.  I already talked all about the area in my email.  I’m short on time (the hammock took awhile) so I have to wrap this up.  Love you guys so much!!!  Hope you are all doing great!!!

Love,
Tavin

No comments:

Post a Comment