Monday, January 23, 2012

Upcoming Transfer ... Yes Or No?

Itu, Brazil
Dear Family,

How's everyone doing?  Hopefully you’re all great!!  I’m doing good down here.  We've got transfers this week and I’ll find out today what’s going on.  I feel bad for whoever is being transferred this week, because normally you get the call Monday night and have the next day to pack, say “goodbye” to your investigators, and to members you like.  This time, we have a meeting for all the missionaries in the interior tomorrow and everyone who is being transferred is going to stay in the city that the meeting is in.  That means that the missionaries being transferred get the call tonight, and have to pack and be ready to go tomorrow morning.  It’s going to be a little crazy.  I don’t think I’ll go anywhere.  I think Elder Costa might be transferred.  I guess we'll find out tonight.

There are so many people in my area that are amazing.  There’s this guy named Alan that I'm really impressed with.  He’s from an amazing family and he’s a really really cool guy.  He's 15 but not immature like lots of 15 year olds.  He’s got a good testimony and a good family.  I bought a burger from him today (he works at a little burger place.  It’s just a little tiny stand type place) and it was good stuff!

About the postcard …  did you guys ever get the one I sent?  Who’s going to be the famous person you get a picture of?

So this week was David and Jessica’s (our recent converts) Wedding Ceremony in the church.  They needed help with the preparation and other stuff, so we were down at the church helping out.  Weddings are such a pain in the butt to get ready!  Haha  Thankfully the set-up was a bit easier than Kassie and Peter’s wedding.  And thankfully … the wedding went good in the end.

We just got the call about transfers and I’m staying here for another one with Elder Costa.  I'm guaranteed another 6 weeks here.  That’ll put my time with him at 4 ½ months.  Well … that’s about it for this week.  I hope you’re all doing good.  I love you guys!

Love,
Tavin

No comments:

Post a Comment