Monday, February 27, 2012

Grey Slime And Escaping Worms ... Awwww ... Missionary Life!

Little T at home with his family.

Elder Fox's nick-name, since he was a little boy, has been Big T.
Named after our missionary ... here's the latest addition ... Little T.
Hey!

Kassie and Peter!  You guys bought a puppy?  That’s awesome!!  Is he fun to have in your house?  Does he have any issues with your turtle?  Thanks for naming him after me!  It’s a little more cool too because he was born on December 27th, and that’s the day I was baptized!  December 27, 1999!  So he was born on the day I was born again (as the scriptures say)!

Yesterday, daylight savings time ended.  It’s weird here how it works.  There’s not a set date to start or end.  They do it here to save energy and so the government decides what day it’ll start or end apparently.  So Sunday I got an extra hour of sleep!  Oh it was great!!  Now I’m only 5 hours ahead of you guys instead of 6.

This last week was pretty good.  It was just a normal week and it went by really fast too.  However, there were a couple of things that happened that were really cool.  One was with this family we’ve been teaching for a while.  They’re a really good family!  We’ve been wanting to bring some members over to their house with us to teach them.  Last week the family we had lined up bailed last minute and we couldn’t get anyone else, so we went over there just us.  They seemed kind of bummed that no one came with us because they were wanting to get to know some of the members.  We set up another appointment with them and got a family to come with us.  Well, once again we got bailed on.  We quickly got someone else that said they could go, so no problem.  Then, during the afternoon, they called us up and said they had forgotten they said they’d go with us and already made other plans for that night.  So once again … we were left with no one.  We tried making some calls, but with no luck.  A little while later, we walked in front of the supermarket and ran into one of the members of the Bishopric who is really awesome.  We asked him if he could come with us.  We weren’t sure if he would because he lives kind of far away, but he said he would and would see if his wife could go but wasn’t sure because she was a little sick.  He said if she couldn’t, he’d bring his daughters.  Well, his wife wasn’t feeling up to it, but he still came with his two daughters.  When we got there, we found out that the member and the dad of the family already knew each other a couple of years ago.  Also, one of his daughters already knew the mom of the family.  It was the perfect family to bring and this time, getting bailed on, really worked out!!!

This week, we’re getting started on the last week of the transfer and I’m almost positive one of us is going to be transferred.  Normally you don’t spend 3 transfers together … that’s the maximum.  Elder Costa will probably be transferred and I’ll stay since I have been here for less time. 

Our house is a lot bigger than my last one but it is still kind of small … and really dirty!  I can’t stand it anymore.  Today I bought a bunch of cleaning supplies and it’s going to be a cleaning day!  It’s really gross.  Awhile ago, I cleaned the sink and there was this grey slime ball behind the faucet.  I splashed some water on it and a bunch of worms came out.  Ya … that’s what I’m living with.  haha.

I forgot to write down my address again before I came down here, and I don’t know what it is off the top of my head.  I’ll write it down in my planner so I have it already written come next week.

We had a baptism marked for this Saturday but moved it back to give him a bit more time to prepare.  He should be baptized within the next few weeks.  He’s the husband of a less active member that we reactivated.  He goes to church every week and wants to be baptized, so maybe next week or the weekend after he'll be baptized.

Well … I’m basically all out of time.  I had a bunch of emails from the mission to read since last week I didn’t have any time to read them.  (I’m a slow reader when I read in Portuguêse.)  I have to get going.  I love you guys so much!!!  I hope you’re all doing great!!  I love you all!!!

Love,
Tavin

P.S. - The puppy is super cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment